I have decided my concept. I have always been terrified of the "idea of going crazy" and have been really interested in psychiatric hospitals/mental institutions. Everyone is different, everyone thinks different things, some people are different...but what if someone diagnosed you with this "difference"? What if some person, some "professional" comes up to you and says, "You are crazy," just because you're different and think differently??? Wouldn't that be horrible? Just because you weren't like everybody else, you had to pay by being sent away to some secluded place to fix you. That, to me, is terrifyingly ridiculous...
So, I wanted to shoot in psychiatric hospitals/mental institutions, but when I contacted a person from a PR medical center, she informed me this would be impossible. As my teacher said, "I think the times, when we as photographers could go photograph 'crazy' people, is over." Unfortunately, he is right. Mannnn, why couldn't I have lived in the 60s and 70s?
Anywho, he suggested I take the idea of "going crazy" and photograph it as a metaphor. Seems difficult... we'll see what comes of it...
Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment