Friday, July 12, 2013
There are no words for how much I will miss the essence of what this video screen shot holds.
I was talking with my friend, Wendy, the other day and she had some wise words for me. I always love the way she speaks and how much knowledge she has about the mind and body working alongside spirituality. When I was talking about the house and how I will miss it and how it will be so sad, she corrected me. Wendy told me that I am not allowed to feel those things. I was perplexed, but intrigued. My facial expression asked her why. She began telling me that this was an emotion in the future. We, as humans, often predict how we will feel, even though this might not be the case when the time comes. She explained to me that, yes, I might think I am sad right now, but until that moment comes, I need to be content with what is.
"The house is still there right?"
"Yes."
Well then enjoy that you can still visit the house, have memories within its walls, and continue to photograph its structure. Be happy that right now, right at this moment, the house is still here. And then when it is gone, you can evaluate your feelings when it is gone, while it is being knocked down, and long afterwards.
"Hm, I have never thought of it that way before."
"You have to be whatever with what you have right now."
She is a very strong and inspirational woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment