Sunday, January 20, 2019

Acknowledgement of Death?

Recently, I was told something or heard something somewhere, I can't remember which.
It was about recognizing feelings and taking them as they are, acknowledging that things happen and people feel and people die. Acknowledging that a person has died. It seems simple enough. It seems really hard. I think the thing I'm worried about the most, is that if I acknowledge that she has died, if I let myself know that it happened, it becomes concrete. Something that cannot be taken back, as if thinking about her endlessly keeps her here, keeps her safe and sound. It becomes real again. Too real. I hold onto her death because maybe I think experiencing death makes me stronger. And maybe it does. Maybe having people you love die creates an awareness for life, an awareness for your life and for others who are still living. I don't want her death to be out of my mind because then she will be gone. Even more gone than death, if such a thing was possible.

LM

No comments:

Post a Comment