"...keep working until you feel it's done, then move on."
-Dan Larkin
Move on. I don't know how to feel about these words right now. They are very true. I should listen to them. But I hesitate because of memories. What happens when we "move on" from a memory? Does it go away? I mean, does it really go away? Will I never see it again? Will I remember the memory after it has been allowed to move on from me?
I have a terrible memory, so this thought scares me. Can I truly, actually keep all that I'm supposed to remember, tucked away for future recall, in my brain forever? What if I run out of space and my brain has to purge something for my new memories?? What happens if my brain is at maximum capacity and I have to delete something? Can I do that? Is this new memory worth it? Who determines their worth? Me? Do I even have that control?
^The [exhausting] things I ponder sometimes...
Quote from Dan Larkin, my fine art photography professor, about my Nonie Project in 2013.
Thoughts and writing from re-reading my blog posts in 2021.
LM
No comments:
Post a Comment